The objective of Level 5 Diploma in Information Technology is to provide learners with an excellent foundation for a career in a range of organisations. It designed to ensure that each learner is ‘business ready’: a confident, independent thinker with a detailed knowledge of Information Technology, and equipped with the skills to adapt rapidly to change.
The content of the qualification is focused on:
- Software engineering
- Database systems
- Advanced systems analysis and design
- Advanced information system management
- Network information systems
- Information technology project management
Other specialisation / options offered
- Level 5 Diploma in Information Technology (General - Awarded by Qualifi, UK)
- Level 5 Diploma in IT – E-commerce
- Level 5 Diploma in IT – Networking
- Level 5 Diploma in IT – Web Design
This qualifications at RQF Level 5 represent practical knowledge, skills, capabilities and competences that are assessed in academic terms as being equivalent to Foundation Degrees, Higher National Diploma (HND) and Year 2 of a three-year UK Bachelors degree.
The Level 5 Diploma in Information Technology is a 120 credit qualification consisting of 6 mandatory of 20 credits.